Fixol Permanent Epoxy Putty
Fixol- Rapid Repair
A resilient material used to provide permanent repairs in damp, wet or underwater applications. Used in the home, office, factory and so many differing environs. It may be applied underwater, and will bond tenaciously to substances such as fibreglass, metal, wood, concrete and ceramics.
Use Fixol-Rapid Repair to repair:
MARINE APPLICATIONS - Hull sections, Decking, Mouldings etc.
AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS - Body panels, Bumpers, and to fabricate and / or mould unavailable replacement body and trim parts and sections.
AGRICULTURAL APPLICATIONS - Farm Machinery, Barns, Silos, Guttering, Dairy Equipment, Agricultural Parts
HOME & OFFICE - Guttering, Water Tanks, Pipes, Wood Repair and Filler etc.
Fixol-Rapid Repair is a hand kneadable Epoxy Putty supplied as a two-part concentric stick of differing colours. When mixed it sets to a hard pale white material which can be drilled, sawn, filed or sanded and painted as required.
|Shore D hardness||65|
|Lap shear tensile strength|
|Temperature limitations||120˚C continuous - 150˚C intermittent|
|Electrical resistance||30,000 megaohms|
|Dielectric strength||300 volts/mil|
Important: Surfaces must be free from dust, oil, grease, wax and all loose material - Wear the provided rubber gloves when kneading and applying Fixol- Rapid Repair.
1. In order to achieve optimum adhesion, surfaces should be cleaned free of grease, dirt, paint etc. To ensure a good bond, abrade both surfaces followed by additional cleaning.
2. Twist or cut off the required amount of Putty.
3. If the material is cold, mixing it may be difficult, and warming it to room temperature is advised. When warm enough, mix and knead the putty with the fingers for at least one minute or until it is a uniform white colour.
4. Press the putty onto the prepared surface within 5 to 10 minutes of mixing, after which time it will start to harden. If it is being used as an adhesive, apply to both surfaces and then unite by forcing them together. Support the joint as necessary. If it is being used as a filler/repair material force, the putty into the area to be filled and shape and remove any excess with a tool wetted with clean water.
5. After 20 to 30 minutes the putty will harden like metal and start to form a tenacious bond. After 60 minutes, the material is sufficiently cured to be drilled or sawn and it will achieve full cure after 24 hours. It can also be smoothed down with the enclosed wet and dry strip and then finished as required.
Resistant to hydrocarbons, ketones, alcohols, esters, halocarbons, aqueous salt solutions and dilute acids and bases.
Fixol-Rapid Repair should be stored out of direct sunlight in dry frost free conditions of temperatures between 5ºC and 20ºC. Under such conditions shelf life will be 18 months from the date of manufacture.
Fixol - Rapid Repair has a sister product “Rapid Repair”, which is a powerful permanent self adhesive glass reinforced plastic (GRP). It is designed to be used for larger repair areas, and cures rock hard in daylight. It is fast and efficient to use and may be applied in combination with Fixol- Rapid Repair